FINAL VOTE Photo Contest - From Dusk To Dawn

In summary, the conversation is discussing a final round of a photo contest with the theme of "a scene during dusk or dawn". Participants are discussing and voting for their favorite photos, with larkspur's photo currently in the lead. The conversation also briefly mentions a large bush in one of the photos and the camera lens used by larkspur.

FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - From Dusk To Dawn

• Chi Meson

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • binzing

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • robertm

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • ~christina~

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Mororvia

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • larkspur

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • matthyaouw

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
This promises to be a very difficult final round. Please vote for the picture that best represents our theme - a scene during dusk or dawn.

Good luck to everyone.

1. Chi Meson
IMG_5637.jpg

2. binzing
rsz_image0-1.jpg

3. robertm
DSC02179-1.jpg

4. ~christina~
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6127/editsunsetresevk7.jpg

5. Mororvia
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/673/pfphoto1zg7.jpg

6. larkspur
2776661360_6afda95c38_o.jpg

7. matthyaouw
mat071.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=250260".

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh jeez. I feel a satisfying tug to each one of these photos.
I'm not going to say who I voted for. (No, I didn't vote for myself!) These are great shots, all.

This is a really tough one. I love the stillness of the water in matthyaouw's photo, the crispness in Chi's, and the giant sun in larkspurs. Eh gads...lol someone chose for me.

I really like that cotton candy cloud in Chi's photo.

ugh... in larkspur vs robertm battle, I voted for larkspur only because her sun seems to be closer to the horizon. this is what this contest is all about, eh? :)

You have 2 days left to vote in this contest.

Zz.

Is that a humongous bush at the right in pic #6?

Defennder said:
Is that a humongous bush at the right in pic #6?
When bushes get that large, we call them "trees."

Chi Meson said:
When bushes get that large, we call them "trees."
:biggrin:

I was about to type "tree", but then I noticed how close some of the leaves were to the ground. Anyway, robertm's #3 picture looks rather surrealistic.

With one day to go, larskpur, once again, is running away with the contest. Can anyone catch her?

Zz.

Larkspur,

What's your lens?

This was taken with a Nikon AF-S Nikkor 18-200mm VR.

1. What is the theme of the "FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - From Dusk To Dawn"?

The theme of the "FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - From Dusk To Dawn" is capturing the beauty and unique qualities of the natural world during the transition from dusk to dawn.

2. Who can participate in the "FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - From Dusk To Dawn"?

The "FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - From Dusk To Dawn" is open to all individuals who have a passion for photography and a love for nature.

3. How many photos can I submit for the "FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - From Dusk To Dawn"?

Each participant is allowed to submit a maximum of three photos for the "FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - From Dusk To Dawn".

4. What are the criteria for judging in the "FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - From Dusk To Dawn"?

The photos will be judged based on creativity, originality, technical skill, and how well they capture the theme of "From Dusk To Dawn".

5. When will the winners be announced for the "FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - From Dusk To Dawn"?

The winners will be announced one week after the deadline for submissions. The exact date will be posted on the contest website and social media pages.