Find the source of quote in Wikipedia that is not attributed?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
ppppparker
Messages
18
Reaction score
4
How do I find the primary source of some quote in Wikipedia that is not attributed? I mean how am i supposed to attribute something like that in a paper? paper due basically yesterday, that's why i need help quick.thanks for any help
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Silicon Waffle
Physics news on Phys.org
ppppparker said:
How do I find the primary source of some quote in Wikipedia that is not attributed? I mean how am i supposed to attribute something like that in a paper? paper due basically yesterday, that's why i need help quick.thanks for any help
What's the quote and link us to the wiki article. Someone might be able to figure something out.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Silicon Waffle
Try searching for the exact quotation in Google, by enclosing it in quotation marks " " . It might appear on some other website that provides a suitable reference.

If it's a very long quotation, searching for only part of it will probably work also.