Finding Textbooks for Higher Math Proofs

• Thread starter INeedHelpTY
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Proofs
In summary, the speaker is looking for textbooks or websites to help with proofs problems. They mention not needing help with answers, but rather with understanding the materials. They recommend the topology book by Munkres, specifically the first chapter, as a helpful resource for set theory. They also ask for any other resources that may be useful.
INeedHelpTY
Hi everyone, please check the attachments for the problems. What i am looking for is not the help to answers. I've been desperately looking for relevant textbooks online that can help me out with proofs problems like that of the attachments. My professor does not provide a textbook, and his lectures does not really help with doing the problems.

If anyone knows any TEXTBOOKS and/or WEBSITES that can help me out with the materials in the attachments, please list them here. Thank you very much.

If i post this on the wrong section, please let me know where to post it as well. Thank you so much.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 370
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 358
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 337
Physics news on Phys.org
Try topology of Munkres. You'll only need the first chapter. I think it contains most of the things you want...

I'm going through that book now, and I can definitely give it a recommendation and agree the first chapter will cover most of the set theory you need for those.

thank you guys, i look through the book, and it really helps, if anyone know any other resources, that would help too, thanks

Related to Finding Textbooks for Higher Math Proofs

1. How do I find textbooks for higher math proofs?

There are several ways to find textbooks for higher math proofs. You can start by checking your university's library or bookstore. You can also search online for reputable math publishers and see if they have any textbooks on the subject. Additionally, you can ask your professors or fellow students for recommendations.

2. What are some recommended textbooks for higher math proofs?

Some popular textbooks for higher math proofs include "Introduction to Mathematical Proofs" by Charles Roberts, "How to Prove It: A Structured Approach" by Daniel Velleman, and "A Transition to Advanced Mathematics" by Douglas Smith and Maurice Eggen. It's always a good idea to read reviews and ask for recommendations from professors or other students before purchasing a textbook.

3. Are there any free online resources for learning higher math proofs?

Yes, there are several free online resources for learning higher math proofs. Some popular options include OpenStax, Khan Academy, and MIT OpenCourseWare. These resources offer textbooks, lecture notes, practice problems, and video tutorials to help you learn at your own pace.

4. How can I improve my skills in higher math proofs?

To improve your skills in higher math proofs, it's important to practice regularly and seek feedback from your professors or peers. You can also join study groups or attend workshops or seminars on the subject. Additionally, reading and solving problems from various textbooks can help you gain a deeper understanding of the concepts.

5. Are there any specific strategies for understanding and solving higher math proofs?

Yes, there are several strategies that can help you understand and solve higher math proofs. Some common strategies include breaking down the proof into smaller, more manageable steps, using visual aids or diagrams, and looking for patterns or connections between the given information and the desired outcome. It's also important to carefully read and understand the definitions and theorems involved in the proof.