Finding volume of Square pyramid

In summary, a square pyramid is a three-dimensional shape with a square base and four triangular sides that meet at a single point. To find its volume, you can use the formula V = (1/3) x b^2 x h, where b is the length of one side of the base and h is the height from the base to the apex. The volume of a square pyramid can vary depending on the length of the base and the height, but two pyramids with the same base and height will have the same volume. The unit of measurement for volume is typically cubic units, and the volume of a square pyramid cannot be negative as it represents the amount of space occupied by the object.
Kirito123

Homework Statement

upload_2016-7-29_19-49-13.png

Homework Equations

V= a21/3 h

The Attempt at a Solution

upload_2016-7-29_19-48-25.png

I may be wrong or right I don't know. I'm pretty sure I did it right.

Physics news on Phys.org
What is 72.92 rounded to two significant digits?

O its 73cm my bad

other then that is the way i did it correct?

Yes.

Ok thank you.

What is a square pyramid?

A square pyramid is a three-dimensional shape with a square base and four triangular sides that meet at a single point called the apex.

How do you find the volume of a square pyramid?

The formula for finding the volume of a square pyramid is V = (1/3) x b^2 x h, where b is the length of one side of the base and h is the height from the base to the apex.

Do all square pyramids have the same volume?

No, the volume of a square pyramid can vary depending on the length of the base and the height. However, if two square pyramids have the same base and height, then they will have the same volume.

What is the unit of measurement for volume?

The unit of measurement for volume is typically cubic units, such as cubic inches or cubic centimeters.

Can the volume of a square pyramid be negative?

No, the volume of any object cannot be negative as it represents the amount of space occupied by the object.