Former first dog Barney Bush dies

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, former President George W. Bush announced the passing of his Scottish Terrier, Barney, from lymphoma after 12 and a half years of life. Bush and his family enjoyed outdoor activities with Barney, including fishing and chasing golf balls. Other individuals shared their own experiences with their beloved pets and the promise to rescue another stray when their current pet passes away.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
R.I.P. Barney

Bush announced his dog's passing in a statement:
Laura and I are sad to announce that our Scottish Terrier, Barney, has passed away. The little fellow had been suffering from lymphoma and after twelve and a half years of life, his body could not fight off the illness.
Barney and I enjoyed the outdoors. He loved to accompany me when I fished for bass at the ranch. He was a fierce armadillo hunter. At Camp David, his favorite activity was chasing golf balls on the chipping green

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/former-first-dog-barney-bush-dies-223329274--politics.html

Physics news on Phys.org
To man's best friend!

My best friend is Duke I know he will die someday, but I have promised him that when he leaves us, I will go rescue another stray from "dog-prison".

turbo said:
... I will go rescue another stray from "dog-prison".

Yep.
Ol' Whiskers, our part scotty from the pound, raised a whole neighborhood of kids.
When he passed it took months before we quit reaching to back seat to give him a pat on the head.
We traveled quite a bit after Whiskers retired and he learned the word "Skulk" . But now Fair Anne and i can check into better motels.

I am saddened to hear about the passing of Barney Bush. Lymphoma is a common type of cancer in dogs and it can be a difficult illness to treat. It is unfortunate that Barney's body was unable to fight off the disease. It is clear that he was a beloved companion to former President Bush and his family. It is heartwarming to hear about the special bond they shared, with Barney accompanying the President on outdoor activities and even having a favorite pastime at Camp David. Dogs are not only our loyal companions, but they also have a special place in our hearts and provide us with comfort and joy. May Barney's memory live on in the hearts of those who loved him.

What breed was Barney Bush?

Barney Bush was a Scottish terrier.

How old was Barney Bush?

Barney Bush lived to be 12 years old.

Did Barney Bush have any siblings?

Yes, Barney Bush had a sibling named Miss Beazley, also a Scottish terrier.

What was Barney Bush's role as a first dog?

Barney Bush served as the official White House pet during the presidency of George W. Bush.

What was the cause of death for Barney Bush?

The cause of death for Barney Bush was lymphoma, a type of cancer.

Back