Fragment from worlds oldest Bible found hidden in Egyptian monastery

  • Thread starter Thread starter TKAZ
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 6K views
TKAZ
A British-based academic has uncovered a fragment of the world's oldest Bible hiding underneath the binding of an 18th-century book.
Nikolas Sarris spotted a previously unseen section of the Codex Sinaiticus, which dates from about AD350, as he was trawling through photographs of manuscripts in the library of St Catherine's Monastery in Egypt...
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...und-hidden-in-egyptian-monastery-1780274.html
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
My first question is: did you write this? And, if so, at the very least, where are your citations?

Second: what are we being invited to be skeptical about or debunking with this?
 
No I didn't write this, I found it on the net and thought it was very interesting and wanted to share. I will in the future start an article with whom the writer was. sorry.
 
Can you post links to the original article? thanks.
 
TKAZ said:
No I didn't write this, I found it on the net and thought it was very interesting and wanted to share. I will in the future start an article with whom the writer was. sorry.

In the future, please read the posting guidelines before posting. You have violated copyright law, the S&D forum guidelines, and the PF general guidelines.

In addition to providing a link, the original post was edited to provide only an excerpt, as required by law.

You will only get one warning.
 
Last edited: