Free software to remix and create Fatboy Slim-style beats

  • Thread starter Thread starter _Mayday_
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
_Mayday_
Messages
808
Reaction score
0
Hey Everyone!

I am looking for a free piece of software I can download that will let me play around with some music on my computer. You know like slow bits down and speed some up, maybe even add a bit of drums or something like that. It would be cool to make some Fatboy Slim like tunes.

Thanks

_Mayday_​
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Audacity can do most of that. It doesn't have a drum machine, but its good otherwise. If you have a Mac of course there's GarageBand.
 
I have one called http://www.trakax.com/ . It doesn't have any built in sounds or anything but you can import them I guess and maybe find some plug-ins or what have you. It allows you to add various layers and adjust them independantly, adding effects and distortion and so forth. It also has the added bonus of a video editor but I'm unsure just how much you an do with that feature other that strip its sound and or layer new sounds on.
 
Last edited by a moderator: