Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gara's Intro (Fact in Fiction)

1. Jun 29, 2015 #1
    According to the welcoming msg I received, I need to introduce myself.

I tend to go by Garavainus online. I am an author working on a science fiction series that is focusing on strong levels of actual plausibility and often find myself dangling just outside my abilities to make the calculations I need to make to determine if a particular theory is plausible. I have been doing quite a bit of research, but sometimes I don't even know the right questions to ask.

I hope that my presence here posing such questions as (my current conundrum) "How would I convert a psi measurement into a gravitational measurement? (Such as identifying the dimensions and materials construct of a support beam on a body that has 39times Earth's gravitational pull)" is not unwelcome. (If it is, please let me know now and I will attempt to locate a more appropriate forum.

I'm not posting that above as a question, just as an example. I will post the question in a more appropriate forum.

Again, while I am writing science fiction, I want all aspects based in seriously sound FACT.

Elsewise, good to meet you all.

Garavainus

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 29, 2015 #2

BiGyElLoWhAt

Gold Member

Welcome Garavainus. I think that should be fine, assuming youplace it in the appropriate subforum.

4. Jun 29, 2015 #3
    Thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the discussions that might get sparked by some of the questions I have.

5. Jun 29, 2015 #4

BiGyElLoWhAt

Gold Member

Well then start asking :-p

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook