General public, curious about all things

• Thread starter nichole
  • Start date
In summary, the general public has a natural curiosity about all things. They are constantly seeking new information and knowledge, and have a thirst for understanding the world around them. This curiosity drives them to ask questions and seek out answers, leading to a deeper understanding and appreciation of various topics. Overall, the general public's curiosity is a valuable trait that encourages learning and growth.
nichole
Hi, my name is Nichole. I have phys.org as my home page, and a lot of times articles there catch my interest (other times I just don't have the, well, time, to stop and read them!). While I can't comprehend a lot of the lingo and processes, I get the general gist, and I love feeding my brain and learning about the world around us! My favorite subjects are cutting edge discoveries in space, science, and medicine. I seem particularly interested in the minute; those teeny tiny particles and processes that before now have escaped our understanding, and that we're learning more and more about every day.

Just getting used to the Physics Forums. Not sure where to post or what to post. I'm not sure where the people who are edjumacated in specific topics are, and where people who aren't sure go to discuss stuff. I'll go to post something like a question, then realize I can Google it.

But I'm here, and like many others want to learn and explore, so there you go!

Physics news on Phys.org
nichole said:
Just getting used to the Physics Forums. Not sure where to post or what to post. I'm not sure where the people who are edjumacated in specific topics are, and where people who aren't sure go to discuss stuff. I'll go to post something like a question, then realize I can Google it.
Welcome to the PF! :smile:

Try in the upper right of the page, pull down INFO, then click on Help/How-To. There are helpful links and tutorial in there to get you started navigating and posting on the PF.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Thanks, will do!

What is "homework"? Is this just people who are in college or high school and they find these forums and are asking for help, or is something else involved here?

nichole said:
What is "homework"? Is this just people who are in college or high school and they find these forums and are asking for help, or is something else involved here?
Yes, it is where we help students with their questions about their assignments. We have special rules for such threads (see the rules under INFO at the top of the page), like we do not give out answers, and we require that the student show their best efforts to solve the problem before we can offer tutorial help. We give hints, ask probing questions, find mistakes, etc.

This thread helps to explain why we treat the Homework Help forums the way we do:

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/homework-coursework-questions.373889/

:smile: