Generating Basis Vectors for an 8x8 Matrix: Linear Algebra Question

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
metokom
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi everybody

How I can generate basis vectors for a 8x8 matrix which is known?I think that first colon of the matrix is basis and others colons are also basis for a 8x8 matrix.This is true or not .

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
metokom said:
Hi everybody

How I can generate basis vectors for a 8x8 matrix which is known?I think that first colon of the matrix is basis and others colons are also basis for a 8x8 matrix.This is true or not .

Thanks

A basis for what vector space?
 
I don't know but question says this

"Generate basis vectors for an 8x8 DFT matrix. Plot the basis vectors. Comment on the basis vectors."