Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Geocenteric Equatorial Coordinates of the Sun

1. Aug 17, 2014 #1
    I'm rather new here so please forgive me if this is answered somewhere else, but I was unable to find it while searching around.

For some calculations I'm looking to perform I need to know the geocentric equatorial coordinates of the sun on a given date. However, the only place I know they are available available is in an astronomical almanac. Since I am unable to afford a copy of it every year I was wondering if there was another source that anyone knows of where I could find this same information. I see that there is so much information freely available online from NASA and other organizations, but I'm unable to find this specific information for some reason. Perhaps I will end up needing to calculate it myself? If someone could point me in a good direction that would be great.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 17, 2014 #2
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted