Germany vs Costa Rica 2-1 after 20 minutes

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Germany
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
20 replies · 4K views
Physics news on Phys.org
4:2 wasnt so boring.. lots of goals.. But whoever said DE have a chance were VERY wrong.. man they are leaky at the back, static and leaky!
 
Frings goal was awesome! Like a thunderbolt! Great contender for goal of the tournament
 
you see the forth from DE, it was better...

Hmmm I think the goalies where right to complain about that ball.. I hate to think what a good team will do with it
 
Yeah, I agree, the defence was leaky. I think Khan should be played in favour of Lehmann. He was awful, flapping at the shots.
 
Anttech said:
you see the forth from DE, it was better...

That's the one I'm talking about. Frings scored that from around 35 yards.
 
I think Khan should be played in favour of Lehmann. He was awful, flapping at the shots.

Lehmann is probably DE's best player, the back 4 were rubbish, they were flat and didnt apy any presure... all CR goals no goalkeeper could really do anything about to be honest
 
Ok I retract my statement after seeing the 4th goal.
 
I'm not claiming that Germany's chances are all that great, but Brazil beat Costa Rica 5-2 in 2002, and we all know how Brazil did. It's a questionable comparison, but this an uncharacteristic German team.

Also, Ballack is a better defender than Borowski so his return to the team will help significantly, but probably not enough to win.

Considering how weak the group is, and that Poland is also defensively questionable, so, barring surprises, Germany is likely to win the group, and advance to the quarters.

Whether the fire-at-will offense can carry them futher remains to be seen.
 
Considering how weak the group is, and that Poland is also defensively questionable, so, barring surprises, Germany is likely to win the group, and advance to the quarters.

I seriously doubt this, I think Germany will come third, they may score there way out of trouble, but I don't think you can do that at this level.
 
NooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOO!1111
Actually, yes! At least I won this 1 point :)
Anyone gotten right?
 
Last edited:
Lehman was very bad, Kahn should be first choice, in my opinion he's much better. Costa Rica's second goal was offside though, not that it matters much now.
I thought Podolski had a bad day, he was a bit slow and uncreative.
Costa Rica didn't do much.
 
How was Lehman bad? Nobody would have been able to stop the 2 CR goals. The German Defense was flat, they didnt apply pressure, and CR slip through 2 very nice passes. The only thing he could have done was, run fast, make his body look big, and put pressure on the CR striker (it was a 1-1 situation). This is what he did. There were hardly any other shots on goal, so to make a judgement on Lehman would be unfair IMO...

(But hey I am not expert hehe)
 
Costa Ricans weren't aggressive enough. The Germans on the other hand were pretty aggressive and did not let go of any goal opportunity.
 
Anttech said:
How was Lehman bad? Nobody would have been able to stop the 2 CR goals. The German Defense was flat, they didnt apply pressure, and CR slip through 2 very nice passes. The only thing he could have done was, run fast, make his body look big, and put pressure on the CR striker (it was a 1-1 situation). This is what he did. There were hardly any other shots on goal, so to make a judgement on Lehman would be unfair IMO...

(But hey I am not expert hehe)
I felt he could have done more in the first goal, but it's true he didn't get too much activity from Costa Rica. I think Kahn would have done better.
 
I can't stand Khan, maybe I am biased :) (But yeh he was good in his day)
 
Keepers last ages. Isn't Hislop, the guy from T&T, about 37 years old?
Kahn is a great keeper who can offer a lot of security to the team. It seems he'll play next game for Germany (Lehman is conveniently "injured") so we'll compare and see who's good and who's not. :smile:
 
-Job- said:
Keepers last ages. Isn't Hislop, the guy from T&T, about 37 years old?
Kahn is a great keeper who can offer a lot of security to the team. It seems he'll play next game for Germany (Lehman is conveniently "injured") so we'll compare and see who's good and who's not. :smile:

I have to support you here. For me O.Kahn is much better than Lehman. And don't forget the bad game of Lehman in the final of the Champions League. He does not deserve to be above Kahn.