Get Smart: The Complete Series on Sale Now at Best Buy

  • Thread starter Thread starter jtbell
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 3K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2025 Award
Messages
16,110
Reaction score
8,525
I watched the entire "Get Smart" TV series DVD set in one sitting?

OK... would you believe the entire first season?

How about a few scenes from a couple of randomly-chosen episodes?

How about a preview trailer from YouTube? :rolleyes:

Actually, I'm on my way to Best Buy in a few minutes to pick up the copy that I ordered online. They have it on sale this week, cheaper than Amazon.

Would you believe I'm old enough to have watched this show when it first ran, when I was a kid, and I still remember the punchlines after 40+ years? :blushing:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I missed the first and second season, but was able to see the subsequent original programs.
 
jtbell said:
I watched the entire "Get Smart" TV series DVD set in one sitting?

OK... would you believe the entire first season?

How about a few scenes from a couple of randomly-chosen episodes?

How about a preview trailer from YouTube? :rolleyes:

Actually, I'm on my way to Best Buy in a few minutes to pick up the copy that I ordered online. They have it on sale this week, cheaper than Amazon.

Would you believe I'm old enough to have watched this show when it first ran, when I was a kid, and I still remember the punchlines after 40+ years? :blushing:

That is the second longest digresssion I've ever seen.

I loved that show! Hymie and Siegfried were my favorites. And most of all... whoops, excuse me while I answer my shoe.
 
Wow! According to wiki...

On February 17, 2002, the prop shoe phone used by agent Maxwell Smart was included in a display entitled "Spies: Secrets from the CIA, KGB and Hollywood", a collection of real and fictional spy gear that exhibited at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_Smart
 
jtbell said:
Would you believe I'm old enough to have watched this show when it first ran, when I was a kid, and I still remember the punchlines after 40+ years? :blushing:
Would you believe that I laughed at that stupid "Cone of Silence" gag every time?
 
I loved the "Cone of Silence".
 
turbo-1 said:
Would you believe that I laughed at that stupid "Cone of Silence" gag every time?
Eh? :biggrin:
 
I watched the first two episodes tonight, and I felt myself regressing back to an 11-year-old. :eek:

The running gag in the second episode with the Chinese villain "The Claw" would certainly be considered politically incorrect nowadays. In his stereotypical Chinese accent, it always comes out as "The Craw." Every time Max refers to him as "The Craw", he corrects Max exasperatedly, "No, no, not 'The Craw'! It's 'THE CRAW'!"

The show surely looks a lot better on the DVDs than it ever did on our then-new color TV.

turbo-1 said:
Would you believe that I laughed at that stupid "Cone of Silence" gag every time?

The Bone of Milan? What's that? :confused:

I can hardly wait to see Hymie the robot again. "Kill the lights, Hymie!" (bang!)
 
Last edited: