1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good Schools or Colleges to Become a Chemist

1. Nov 1, 2016 #1
    This may seem like a dumb question, but I am interested in pursuing a career as a chemist or work in the field of chemistry. What are some of the best schools, programs, or colleges to help me pursue this goal?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 1, 2016 #2
    The ACS approved programs tend to be much better than the unapproved programs.

National rankings are not super accurate, but if you google up a half-dozen different national rankings, you'll get a pretty good idea which programs are respected more than others.

Usually, one is working with geographical or financial constraints. Answering the question about the three best public chemistry schools in TX, GA, SC, etc. is much easier than the wide open question actually posed.

4. Nov 2, 2016 #3
    Thanks so much for the info that you gave. I know the question was pretty vague. You answered my unspoken question about ACS versus Non-ACS. And you are right about financial and geographical restraints. Thanks again!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted