Gran Turismo games from my middle school years

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
28 replies · 8K views
Cyrus
Messages
3,246
Reaction score
17
I don't play video games anymore, but I did when I was in middle school. This is the car games I grew up with, Gran Turismo1

This is what I grew up with! :smile: :smile: :smile: :rolleyes:
granturismo_ps1_02.jpg

Keep in mind, this used to be the latest and greatest! :cry:

granturismo2_ps1_05.gif
:cry: :cry:


This is what all the spoiled little brat kids have now-a-days,

http://www.gamers.fr/jeux/pgr3_xbox2/01.jpg

It took me a long time to realize that picture was not real. :approve:

gran-turismo-4-20041001100531801.jpg

Amazing...

gran-turismo-4-20040819032141114.jpg

wow...

gran-turismo-4-20050112041113198.jpg

awesome...

gran-turismo-4-20040925021524645.jpg


1239gran-turismo-4-12.jpg


gran-turismo-4-20040924040333145.jpg


http://www.gamerevolution.com/oldsite/previews/screens/ps2/gran_turismo_4/gran_turismo_412b.jpg

1239gran-turismo-4-18.jpg


http://www.gamerevolution.com/oldsite/previews/screens/ps2/gran_turismo_4/gran_turismo_410b.jpg

gran-turismo-4-20050112115347669.jpg


gran-turismo-4-20041207032409706.jpg


http://1.im.cz/hrej/screenshot/92/25992.jpeg

http://www.intelsucks.net/GT4/GT4-12.jpg

AMAZING!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Where are these games? I have not seen one with such good graphics...


...except for zelda on the NES :smile:
 
quiet you spoiled little twerp!

I still have my nintendo with the original owners manual and warranty card! AND the duck hunt gun...:cool:
 
I still have my NES with the owners manual and the duck hunt gun too...and I also have an SNES:approve:
 
here is the trailer

http://image.lik-sang.com/trailers/gt4_hires.mpg

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?ei=UTF-8&p=gran+turismo+4&b=13&oid=1476e7312683968e&rurl=www.archive.org&vdone=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.yahoo.com%2Fvideo%2Fsearch%3Fei%3DUTF-8%26p%3Dgran%2Bturismo%2B4%26b%3D11&vback=Results

It's like your watching tv!


http://ia300210.us.archive.org/3/items/gran-turismo-4/kikizo.com_e32004-granturismo4_04.wmv

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?ei=UTF-8&p=gran+turismo+4&b=35&oid=1933b62a635fd28e&rurl=www.gametrailers.com&vdone=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.yahoo.com%2Fvideo%2Fsearch%3Fei%3DUTF-8%26p%3Dgran%2Bturismo%2B4%26b%3D31&vback=Results
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You will have buy some real wheels Cyrus, these kids games are for nurds
:smile:
 
Yep, I don't play video games anymore because I'm not willing to shell out 300 bucks for a new system. I'll just take my real car out on the road and drive if I feel like it :approve:
 
yomamma said:
you can get a gamecube for $100
:zzz:

A game cube had 1 to 6 on the faces when i was a kid.
 
I've heard that the upcoming PS3 is going to cost about 600$ and it comes with a 60 GB hard disk. With that much money I guess you can almost buy a used car !

I personally love the Grand Theft Auto series from the third installment onwards . Has just the right mix of everything.

To run the graphically intense games shown above on a PC, I guess you need to buy good graphics cards as well, which can still cost a fortune .
 
Do they still make games for my Megadrive?

:-p

edit: my girlfriend wouldn't be too impressed if I came home with a PS3 :-p
 
Last edited:
I have been astounded at the pace of graphics development recently. I wonder if its anything to do with all those Shrek type movies. Anyway the best looking I found so far for all you FPS fans is the new Crysis game. if you google that I promise amazement will ensue.
 
This are the driving games I grew up with:

First there was...
bigwheel_1.gif


Then Atari's Night Driver came along...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0d/Night_Driver_2600.png/160px-Night_Driver_2600.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
this game is still awesome:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3a/Legend_of_Zelda_NES.PNG/256px-Legend_of_Zelda_NES.PNG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Zelda's great, but I think the game of last century was Super Mario .
Anyone here who hasen't played the game ?
 
How could you not know those graphics weren't real life pictures? Get outside more often. You make me very sad
 
arunbg said:
Anyone here who hasen't played the game ?
Me. :approve:
 
Pengwuino said:
How could you not know those graphics weren't real life pictures? Get outside more often. You make me very sad
quit being such a jerk pengwuino:rolleyes:
 
yomamma said:
quit being such a jerk pengwuino:rolleyes:

jerk? What are you, 4? Oh yah... i forgot... :biggrin: Go play your DS.
 
I don't have a DS, so quit being a jerk...

..yes you are a jerk
 
I had a ZX Spectrum once. I thought it was great. Then.
 
My niece brought a nintendo DS to my house the other day. I thought it was like, a earring holder. Then i saw gameboy like cartridges and realized i was holding onto the downfall of western civilization.