Great Human Genetics, Language and Culture Podcast

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 2K views
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
2,856
Reaction score
12,705
I just listened to a great podcast on the explosion of human genomic data about human migration, which ties in with the spread of ancient language groups, and reveals some of past cultural practices.
It is Sean Carroll's Mindscape podcast #179; David Reich on genetics and ancient humanity.
This field has been moving very fast in the last few years, and this guy covers it well.

I find it fascinating that new information from one field can be so illuminating in another field.
 
  • Like
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: Oldman too, gleem, Astronuc and 3 others
Physics news on Phys.org
BillTre said:
I find it fascinating that new information from one field can be so illuminating in another field.

Especially when it finds flaws in previous held theories. Enjoyed it immensely.