Happy Easter | Celebrate Public Holidays in Your Area

• Thread starter Sophia
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around celebrating Easter and discussing the holidays in different areas. Some participants shared their experiences and traditions for Easter, while others expressed their lack of knowledge about the holiday. The topic of holidays being a hindrance was also brought up, with one participant mentioning the reduced number of holidays in their country. The conversation ended with a cute video of a bunny and an equation for an Easter egg.
Sophia
Happy Easter everyone! What days do you celebrate in your area? Here, public holidays are Friday, Sunday and Monday but Green Thursday is already unofficial beginning of the holidays. :)

happy-easter.jpg

Likes Greg Bernhardt and Psinter
Physics news on Phys.org
Happy Easter Sophia, we have the same hols as you.:biggrin:

Likes Sophia
Happy Easter! No idea! :biggrin:

I had completely forgotten about Easter.

Psinter said:
Happy Easter! No idea! [emoji3]

I had completely forgotten about Easter.
Maybe you can tell us about your holidays when the time comes :-)

Mom made a cake and it had chocolate eggs, sprinkles, and it was colorful :biggrin:. Only now that you wrote this thread I realized it was for Easter :nb).

Psinter said:
Mom made a cake and it had chocolate eggs, sprinkles, and it was colorful [emoji3]. Only now that you wrote this thread I realized it was for Easter :nb).
Hahaha I guess you don't have state holidays otherwise you would surely know the reason why you don't have to go to school/work :-)

Sophia said:
Hahaha I guess you don't have state holidays otherwise you would surely know the reason why you don't have to go to school/work :-)
There are, and way too many in my opinion. :confused: I just don't pay attention and ignore them. o0)

There were over 30 holidays, but they got reduced because there were too many days free for people and it was a hindrance. Nothing could get done properly since when you thought there would be 5 business days it was actually only 4 or 3 business days followed by another week with 4 or 3 business days. Things that would usually get done in 5-7 business days took 2 or more weeks to get done because of the holidays. It was a real hindrance and I still think that even when they have been reduced it is a hindrance.

You realize they are a hindrance when you need something from the government ASAP and they take an eternity to serve you simply because they are off in holidays.

Psinter said:
There are, and way too many in my opinion. :confused: I just don't pay attention and ignore them. o0)

There were over 30 holidays, but they got reduced because there were too many days free for people and it was a hindrance. Nothing could get done properly since when you thought there would be 5 business days it was actually only 4 or 3 business days followed by another week with 4 or 3 business days. Things that would usually get done in 5-7 business days took 2 or more weeks to get done because of the holidays. It was a real hindrance and I still think that even when they have been reduced it is a hindrance.

You realize they are a hindrance when you need something from the government ASAP and they take an eternity to serve you simply because they are off in holidays.

That's really a lot.

Sophia said:
That's really a lot.
Yes, although even when I think holidays are a hindrance it doesn't mean I act like a jerk towards those who which me a happy holiday. I just wish them back: "Right back at ya!" :smile:

Equation for an easter egg

ei35.gif

Likes Sophia and Psinter

1. What is the significance of Easter?

Easter is a Christian holiday that celebrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is considered the most important holiday in the Christian calendar and is a time for reflection, repentance, and renewal.

2. Why does the date of Easter change every year?

The date of Easter is determined by the lunar calendar and the spring equinox. It falls on the first Sunday after the first full moon following the spring equinox, which can vary between March 22 and April 25.

3. How is Easter celebrated around the world?

Easter is celebrated in various ways around the world, but some common traditions include attending church services, decorating eggs, and participating in egg hunts. In some countries, there are also parades, feasts, and other cultural celebrations.

4. Are there any non-religious celebrations of Easter?

While Easter is primarily a religious holiday, many non-religious traditions have become associated with it, such as the Easter Bunny and Easter egg decorating. Some communities also hold secular events and festivals during Easter, such as carnivals and fairs.

5. Do all countries celebrate Easter?

Easter is primarily celebrated in Christian-majority countries, but it is also observed in many non-Christian countries, such as Australia, Brazil, and India. However, not all countries have a public holiday for Easter, and the ways in which it is celebrated may vary greatly.