Mad Hatter at Work: A Halloween Costume with iPads & Red Hair!

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
In summary: Glad you approve. Because of an unforeseen BLIZZARD (WTF?! Apparently the climate is a climate change skeptic.), we are trying for another party this weekend. You can't tell from the pictures (because of the camera flash), but there are slots for glow sticks on each piece of armor. A total of 27!(IMG src: [PLAIN]http://massassi.hobby-site.com/massassi/movies/movies/06_return_of_the_jedi/m6mov01.htm )Only about a dozen kids came by this year. Most years we get four times that. I was telling the kids to take
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
I'm at work with the Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter's hat, complete with red hair coming out of the sides and back. But that's nothing compare to the creativity of this costume. Of course, it helps to have two iPads to play with.

He just needs to line up the front and back a little bit more.

I also had a chuckle with one of the comments that said that it made him look like a Teletubby! :)

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Nice ZapperZ! Here is I am on saturday as tinkerbell!

Attachments

• 392585_555641962427_53602047_31461535_1122254810_n.jpg
    392585_555641962427_53602047_31461535_1122254810_n.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 481
Holy Captain Hook, Greg. That's frighteningly scary! :)

Zz.

That's awesome Greg!

Greg Bernhardt said:
Zombie tinkerbell?

I plan to offer this delicious dish to the little imps!
[PLAIN]http://www.hisf.no/var/no/storage/images/media/images/smalahovud/81974-1-nor-NO/smalahovud_medium.jpg [Broken]

Here are my daughter and son.
https://picasaweb.google.com/jsnyder527/Halloween?authkey=Gv1sRgCKaJivSVkIDMDw#5669827278947319330" [Broken]

Jimmy Snyder said:
https://picasaweb.google.com/jsnyder527/Halloween?authkey=Gv1sRgCKaJivSVkIDMDw#5669827278947319330" [Broken]

Nice :smile: I'd give 'em candy if they came to my door!

Jimmy Snyder said:
Why were they dressed up for today on New Years Eve three years ago?

Greg Bernhardt said:

And people wonder why I insisted on adopting you.

But like all great (wannabe surrogate) parents, you have exceeded all that I ever was.

Which is of course, our goal in life. :smile:

Oh wait. I'm hearing cosmic voices, in response to my comment... :confused:

hmmm...

Here is the image I see in my minds eye...

Barfing_Pumpkin_by_Jiyae.jpg

zoobyshoe said:
Why were they dressed up for today on New Years Eve three years ago?

That mystery is unraveled in the film 'Spaceballs".

Jimmy Snyder said:
That mystery is unraveled in the film 'Spaceballs".
I see. I think I'll save that viewing experience for when I'm feeling unraveled.

This is my first Halloween in my apartment, and I thought I'd get dozens of trick-or-treaters. None, not a one so far! It's 8:00, I should be at the peak rate of trick-or-treaters-per-hour :grumpy:.

Four bags of candy - the good stuff! Milky Ways, 3-Musketeers, Snickers, and Reese's cups (aaaaah, Reese's :!))...wasn't cheap!111

I guess now I have bribes for the guys at work.

dvivz9.jpg

spg8ih.jpg

Nothing to see here. Move along, ma'am.

f41i09.jpg

Ready to spring into some sort of action.

2vhvr42.jpg

Even our greatest heroes are just men.

Flex's Party ArmorTM

lisab said:
This is my first Halloween in my apartment, and I thought I'd get dozens of trick-or-treaters. None, not a one so far! It's 8:00, I should be at the peak rate of trick-or-treaters-per-hour :grumpy:.

Four bags of candy - the good stuff! Milky Ways, 3-Musketeers, Snickers, and Reese's cups (aaaaah, Reese's :!))...wasn't cheap!111

Did you ever end up seeing a trick-or-treater? We didn't get a single one. :frown:

FlexGunship said:
Nothing to see here. Move along, ma'am.

Ready to spring into some sort of action.

Even our greatest heroes are just men.

Flex's Party ArmorTM

That's an excellent costume. Well done, sir. Well done. :approve:

lisab said:

Motivation problems?
[PLAIN]http://massassi.hobby-site.com/massassi/pictures/episode_6/img/shuttle_bay05.jpg [Broken]
Perhaps I can find new ways to motive them.​

Yeah, I have like $20 worth of candy lying around now (and animal crackers... for the young'in's). I guess I'll have to eat it all before it spoils. It's a weird feeling... when I was a child, the few days after Halloween I was so excited to have such a giant bag of candy! But, now, having a giant bang of candy is kind of a bummer.

Dembadon said:
That's an excellent costume. Well done, sir. Well done. :approve:

Glad you approve. Because of an unforeseen BLIZZARD (WTF?! Apparently the climate is a climate change skeptic.), we are trying for another party this weekend. You can't tell from the pictures (because of the camera flash), but there are slots for glow sticks on each piece of armor. A total of 27!

(IMG src: http://massassi.hobby-site.com/massassi/movies/movies/06_return_of_the_jedi/m6mov01.htm [Broken])

Only about a dozen kids came by this year. Most years we get four times that. I was telling the kids to take a handful from the bowl instead of just one. Even so we ended up with a load of unclaimed sweets. There was a three year old. When I told her to take a handful she did her best, but could only get 2 in her tiny hand. Meanwhile her mother told me that all the houses were doing the same thing.

Jimmy Snyder said:
There was a three year old. When I told her to take a handful she did her best, but could only get 2 in her tiny hand. Meanwhile her mother told me that all the houses were doing the same thing.

Aww... my only visitor was a 3 or 4 year old in a penguin costume. I asked her if she wanted a healthy snack instead and she got excited (which made her parents excited), and I told her to take a bunch of Teddy Grahams and animal crackers. Then I gave her parents a flashlight because they were walking around in the pitch black in a neighborhood without power with a little girl in a BLACK costume.

My wife won a pumpkin carving contest in our community. Attached is the picture. (apple with Steve Jobs face theme)

Attachments

• sj.jpg
    sj.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 416
Every year, my neighbor buys a truckload of pumpkins and invites all the kids to carve Jack O'Lanterns. Here are a couple of snaps of this year's batch.
https://picasaweb.google.com/jsnyder527/Halloween#5670184210424095426" [Broken]
https://picasaweb.google.com/jsnyder527/Halloween#5670184218042035330" [Broken]

jobyts said:
My wife won a pumpkin carving contest in our community. Attached is the picture. (apple with Steve Jobs face theme)

That's very nice!

Greg Bernhardt said:

You look very beautiful...for a guy :biggrin:

arildno said:
I plan to offer this delicious dish to the little imps!
[PLAIN]http://www.hisf.no/var/no/storage/images/media/images/smalahovud/81974-1-nor-NO/smalahovud_medium.jpg[/QUOTE] [Broken]

Cool. Cow's tongue is a nice delicacy, too.

1. What is the purpose of the "Mad Hatter at Work" Halloween costume?

The purpose of the "Mad Hatter at Work" Halloween costume is to combine technology and creativity to create a unique and eye-catching costume. The costume features iPads and red hair to represent the eccentric and chaotic nature of the Mad Hatter character from Alice in Wonderland.

2. How many iPads are used in the costume?

The costume typically uses two iPads, one for each side of the hat. However, this can vary depending on the size and design of the hat.

3. What type of materials are used to create the costume?

The costume primarily consists of a traditional top hat, red hair extensions, and two iPads. Additional materials such as wires, hot glue, and tape may also be used to secure the iPads and create the desired effect.

4. Is the costume comfortable to wear?

The comfort level of the costume may vary depending on the individual wearing it and their tolerance for wearing a heavy hat and carrying iPads on their head. However, steps can be taken to make the costume more comfortable, such as using lightweight materials and padding inside the hat.

5. How long does it take to create the "Mad Hatter at Work" costume?

The time it takes to create the costume may vary depending on the skill level of the person making it and the complexity of the design. On average, it can take several hours to create the costume, including gathering materials, assembling the hat, and attaching the iPads.