Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Happy Halloween!

1. Oct 31, 2011 #1

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

I'm at work with the Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter's hat, complete with red hair coming out of the sides and back. But that's nothing compare to the creativity of this costume. Of course, it helps to have two iPads to play with.

He just needs to line up the front and back a little bit more.

I also had a chuckle with one of the comments that said that it made him look like a Teletubby! :)

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 31, 2011 #2
    Nice ZapperZ! Here is I am on saturday as tinkerbell!

Attached Files:

4. Oct 31, 2011 #3

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Holy Captain Hook, Greg. That's frighteningly scary! :)

Zz.

5. Oct 31, 2011 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

That's awesome Greg!!!

6. Oct 31, 2011 #5

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Zombie tinkerbell?

7. Oct 31, 2011 #6

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I plan to offer this delicious dish to the little imps!
    [PLAIN]http://www.hisf.no/var/no/storage/images/media/images/smalahovud/81974-1-nor-NO/smalahovud_medium.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  8. Oct 31, 2011 #7
    Here are my daughter and son.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/jsnyder527/Halloween?authkey=Gv1sRgCKaJivSVkIDMDw#5669827278947319330" [Broken]

9. Oct 31, 2011 #8

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Nice :smile: I'd give 'em candy if they came to my door!

10. Oct 31, 2011 #9
    Why were they dressed up for today on New Years Eve three years ago?

11. Oct 31, 2011 #10

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

And people wonder why I insisted on adopting you.

But like all great (wannabe surrogate) parents, you have exceeded all that I ever was.

Which is of course, our goal in life. :smile:

Oh wait. I'm hearing cosmic voices, in response to my comment.... :confused:

hmmm.....

Here is the image I see in my minds eye......

Barfing_Pumpkin_by_Jiyae.jpg

12. Oct 31, 2011 #11

That mystery is unraveled in the film 'Spaceballs".

13. Oct 31, 2011 #12
    I see. I think I'll save that viewing experience for when I'm feeling unraveled.

14. Oct 31, 2011 #13

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This is my first Halloween in my apartment, and I thought I'd get dozens of trick-or-treaters. None, not a one so far! It's 8:00, I should be at the peak rate of trick-or-treaters-per-hour :grumpy:.

Four bags of candy - the good stuff! Milky Ways, 3-Musketeers, Snickers, and Reese's cups (aaaaah, Reese's :!!))...wasn't cheap!!111

I guess now I have bribes for the guys at work.

15. Nov 1, 2011 #14

FlexGunship

Gold Member

dvivz9.jpg

spg8ih.jpg
    Nothing to see here. Move along, ma'am.

f41i09.jpg
    Ready to spring into some sort of action.

2vhvr42.jpg
    Even our greatest heroes are just men.

Flex's Party ArmorTM

16. Nov 1, 2011 #15

Dembadon

Gold Member

Did you ever end up seeing a trick-or-treater? We didn't get a single one. :frown:

That's an excellent costume. Well done, sir. Well done. :approve:

17. Nov 1, 2011 #16

FlexGunship

Gold Member

Motivation problems?
    [PLAIN]http://massassi.hobby-site.com/massassi/pictures/episode_6/img/shuttle_bay05.jpg [Broken]
    Perhaps I can find new ways to motive them.​

Yeah, I have like $20 worth of candy lying around now (and animal crackers... for the young'in's). I guess I'll have to eat it all before it spoils. It's a weird feeling... when I was a child, the few days after Halloween I was so excited to have such a giant bag of candy! But, now, having a giant bang of candy is kind of a bummer.

Glad you approve. Because of an unforeseen BLIZZARD (WTF?! Apparently the climate is a climate change skeptic.), we are trying for another party this weekend. You can't tell from the pictures (because of the camera flash), but there are slots for glow sticks on each piece of armor. A total of 27!!

(IMG src: http://massassi.hobby-site.com/massassi/movies/movies/06_return_of_the_jedi/m6mov01.htm [Broken])

18. Nov 1, 2011 #17
    Only about a dozen kids came by this year. Most years we get four times that. I was telling the kids to take a handful from the bowl instead of just one. Even so we ended up with a load of unclaimed sweets. There was a three year old. When I told her to take a handful she did her best, but could only get 2 in her tiny hand. Meanwhile her mother told me that all the houses were doing the same thing.

19. Nov 1, 2011 #18

FlexGunship

Gold Member

Aww... my only visitor was a 3 or 4 year old in a penguin costume. I asked her if she wanted a healthy snack instead and she got excited (which made her parents excited), and I told her to take a bunch of Teddy Grahams and animal crackers. Then I gave her parents a flashlight because they were walking around in the pitch black in a neighborhood without power with a little girl in a BLACK costume.

20. Nov 1, 2011 #19
    My wife won a pumpkin carving contest in our community. Attached is the picture. (apple with Steve Jobs face theme)

Attached Files:

• sj.jpg
      sj.jpg
      File size:
      10.2 KB
      Views:
  21. Nov 1, 2011 #20
    Every year, my neighbor buys a truckload of pumpkins and invites all the kids to carve Jack O'Lanterns. Here are a couple of snaps of this year's batch.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/jsnyder527/Halloween#5670184210424095426" [Broken]
    https://picasaweb.google.com/jsnyder527/Halloween#5670184218042035330" [Broken]

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook