Happy Thanksgivukkah: 57 Years or 77000 Years Wait

  • Thread starter Thread starter jtbell
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 2K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2025 Award
Messages
16,110
Reaction score
8,518
it's apparently rather unusual for Thanksgiving and Hanukkah to overlap. Depending on whether one counts "partial overlaps", we'll have to wait either 57 years or about 77000 years for the next one. Either way, "you should live so long..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgivukkah
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Unlikely that I will live to see it again. All the more reason to enjoy today :cool:.
 
jtbell said:
it's apparently rather unusual for Thanksgiving and Hanukkah to overlap. Depending on whether one counts "partial overlaps", we'll have to wait either 57 years or about 77000 years for the next one. Either way, "you should live so long..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgivukkah

I'm going to have to research this. Or does someone know off the top of their head, how many candles should be in my Menurcky today?

2013.11.28.7.56.am.Thanksgivukkah_Menurcky.jpg
 
Oh my...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG1pZstoQE8​
 
Happy Thanksgivukkah!



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGspoOoK69s
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I was kind of hoping that there would be an impromptu chat today. My wife is eating her T-day meal with my nephew and his partner, a couple of hours away from here. I am not alone, because I have my dogs, but they don't talk much. :cry:
 
turbo said:
I was kind of hoping that there would be an impromptu chat today. My wife is eating her T-day meal with my nephew and his partner, a couple of hours away from here. I am not alone, because I have my dogs, but they don't talk much. :cry:
You're gold turbo, you can chat anytime, but I was planning to open Thanksgiving chat. There is already a group in there.
 
OmCheeto said:
I'm going to have to research this. Or does someone know off the top of their head, how many candles should be in my Menurcky today?

2013.11.28.7.56.am.Thanksgivukkah_Menurcky.jpg
Lol Om. We are going to have Thanksgiving at a Jewish friend's home. I'm sure that he's heard everything else about Thanksfivukkah but I'll bet he hasn't heard that one. He makes a great smoked turkey each year. Now to find some candles... :-p