Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hedge fund manager quits after a 866% return and calls for legalization of pot.

1. Oct 17, 2008 #1

Vid

http://www.cnbc.com/id/27239479

The whole letter is a pretty great read.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 17, 2008 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Uhm, my ex-husband went to Yale, graduated from Dartmouth, and went to Harvard for his MBA.

My ex-boyfriend got his undergraduate degree from Yale and his PhD from Harvard. He is now Lord High Muckety Muck of Academia in the United States, and from one of the wealthiest familes in the US. :grumpy: They are not dummies, let me tell you.

But, yeah, there's a sucker born every minute.

4. Oct 17, 2008 #3

Vid

I don't think he's trying to make a broad generalizations of Harvard MBAs. He's just characterizing the types of people who he personally dealt with that let him make money.

5. Oct 17, 2008 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Oh, I know many saps that were parted with their money. I warned them, but noooo. :devil:

My good fortune was to give birth to a financial black hole, that I love, and she spared me from making bad investments or being taken by the likes of him.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?