Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hello - Introduce Myself - 65 yr old Male who likes to think

Tags:
  1. Jun 29, 2016 #1
    I have no letters ahead, behind, beside, above, or below my name, but I do love science - particularly applications of science that may be moving through unchartered waters, I snap out if it and face my reality - that notion had been staring me in the face for much too long of time - prodding...poking.....mildly intimidating and wanting to play. Suddenly, the light flickers, the audience oohs and ahh's as they stumble over one another - tripping across the stage - until I am left alone....I thought I was alone.....I am not alone, so let the cards fall where they may - I'm thinking propellers..........to be continued

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 29, 2016 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to PF!

4. Jun 29, 2016 #3
    Yes, Propellers.... I designed and tested an innovative, propeller prototype seems very efficient at either gathering energy or distributing energy. I don't know how to measure the efficiency of the propeller to collect and / or distribute energy in both water and air environments. I would also like to measure the cavitation tolerance and the sound levels generated in relation to the RPM's of the spinning propeller. I will provide the propeller design to parties who respond to my post and who are interested in finding practical applications to which this unique propeller design could be applied.

5. Jun 29, 2016 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

The New Member Introductions forum is for just that (hence the name), not for technical discussions. Please post your questions in the ME forum, where Aero-type questions generally fit best. It helps if you post links to the technical reading you have been doing about evaluation airfoil (and propeller) designs -- there is definitely a lot of good scientific information available on the web.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook