Find CD in terms of AD and BD using a perpendicular to the diameter

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maluka8
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Geometry Proofs
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 5K views
Maluka8
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I need help in how to do this proof.


A circle is given with diameter AB. pick any point C on the circle and drop a perpendicular from C to the given diameter at D. Find CD in terms of AD and BD.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
An easier way: Let O be the centre of the circle. Then OC = OA = (AD+BD)/2. Then look at the triangle ODC to find the answer.
 
I understand upto where you have reached but I still can't proceed from there
 
kuruman said:
Connect C to A and to B. What kind of triangle is triangle ABC?

all sides are unequal