Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hey, I'm Anthony! - My introduction

1. Feb 29, 2012 #1
    Hello there Physics Forums, I'm a grade 10 student -I haven't taken a physics class yet because they become open in grade 11, but I have taken science. And I have only studied electricity, and optical geometry (or geometric optics, I forgot which one) with regards to physics. I am one of the few students, possibly the only one, at my school that actually likes Math and Science. I came here for many reasons, the main ones being:

to seek career guidance
    math homework help
    to learn about physics, since I honestly can't wait to start physics class next year
    and obviously to offer what little help I can, being a grade ten student.
    Just curious, what level of physics or math do most people have here? And what were your high school grades like?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 29, 2012 #2

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

helllo, Fifty!
    Do you have a favourite fish?
    :smile:

4. Feb 29, 2012 #3

drizzle

Gold Member

Hey there, welcome aboard. You're going to learn a lot here, Fifty. Hope you enjoy it. :smile:

Oh, the fish! Don't forget to tell us you're favourite fish, it is a VIP!!! :biggrin:

5. Feb 29, 2012 #4

turbo

Gold Member

Welcome Anthony.

6. Feb 29, 2012 #5
    Fish? Good question. Do sharks count? Is there some kind of hidden message? -_- :P

7. Feb 29, 2012 #6

turbo

Gold Member

(hint) Pick a whale shark!

8. Feb 29, 2012 #7
    Okay. Whale Shark it is. Whark? :P What is this supposed to mean.

Now that I'm typing this I might as well point something out:

when I come across interesting internet pages, that I intend to get back to, I book mark them. I have read eleven threads, and I have bookmarked all of them. I'm also a little bit of a neat freak, I hate having so many bookmarks in the toolbar. LOL. Have to say, I love this forum already, though it's bringing me FAR more questions than answers.

Then again: "I'd rather be left with a good question than a bad answer." -(forgot author)

9. Feb 29, 2012 #8

turbo

Gold Member

turbo smacks Fifty with with a whale-shark! At least I didn't use a frozen one! Welcome to PF.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  10. Feb 29, 2012 #9

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s

Our little hazing ritual :biggrin:!

Welcome to PF!

11. Feb 29, 2012 #10

Bobbywhy

Gold Member

Fifty, Welcome to Physics Forums! Here there are memers with advanced degrees in nearly all disciplines, plus scientists, engineers, and technicians with tons of hands-on experience. I have learned and continue to learn here. Hope you do, too.

Bobbywhy

12. Mar 1, 2012 #11

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

*Rescues Fifty from goblets of smashed whark* and declare you welcome!, and properly introduced!! :approve:

13. Mar 1, 2012 #12
    Haha. Already love this place. Brilliant people with a wide tolerance for humor.

14. Mar 1, 2012 #13

turbo

Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook