Heyy, i've had a telescope before and know how to use them.Has

  • Topic: Stargazing 
  • Thread starter Thread starter nickthrop101
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Telescope
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
nickthrop101
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
Heyy, I've had a telescope before and know how to use them.
Has anyone got any advice on a second model that I could get for my second telescope.
Between the price range of £100-£200.
thanks guys :P
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org


This is a good one...
http://www.scopesnskies.com/prod/sky-watcher/dobsonian/skyliner150P.html

...but I would spend the extra 80 quid and get this one.
http://www.scopesnskies.com/prod/telescopes/sky-watcher/dobsonians/skyliner-200.html
 
Last edited by a moderator:


chemisttree said:
This is a good one...
http://www.scopesnskies.com/prod/sky-watcher/dobsonian/skyliner150P.html

...but I would spend the extra 80 quid and get this one.
http://www.scopesnskies.com/prod/telescopes/sky-watcher/dobsonians/skyliner-200.html

this is good advice. Dobsons make wonderful starter scopes.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


An 8" cat is a very good scope. Can be had for under 2k on ebay. A 6" cat can often be had for under 1k on ebay. I would advise against going over 8" due to portability issues.