Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hi All! I am wondering whether physics is for me

1. Mar 29, 2015 #1
    :nb) I just copied and pasted from my info page...hope that is okay :angel:
    Educational Background: High-school/Undergrad
    Degree in:Bachelor of Science (Major in Physics)
    Favourite Area of Science:Physics...maybe

I have started my second year studying physics in my undergrad. Found that the mathematics are becoming rather overwhelming, and that I had many holes in my understanding from first year...I became quite frustrated about my inability to handle the course material...to the point that I have considered changing course in my degree! However, I have decided (at the discretion of someone I trust) to stick with physics for at least this semester...and give it my best shot. Coming onto this site is part of that effort. Hope you will all be patient with me!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 29, 2015 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Hi Clueless! Do me a favor. Cut and paste that last paragraph into a new thread in the Academic Guidance section of the forum, as it belongs there and not here in the new members introduction area. You're very unlikely to get a proper discussion on it here.

Welcome to PF!

4. Mar 29, 2015 #3
    Oh...I did not actually wantto start a discussion about that here...I was not expecting it to at least! Sorry about that!

5. Mar 29, 2015 #4

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Actually that's probably my mistake. I thought you were asking for assistance, but now I can see that you are simply stating what happened.

6. Mar 29, 2015 #5
    :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook