Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hi my name is sigamana Mechanical Eng inservice student at a hydroelectric plant i have a question

1. Oct 14, 2014 #1
    am currently designing a servo motors for a spillway gate for a dam , I have some doubts on how to determine the pushing force( the force needed to drop the spillway gate at a safe rate) for a piston carrying a heavy load of 275tons at a speed of 0.4447 m/min(this speed was pre-determined by me because I wanted a for the spillway gate to close in 40 min having a total stroke of 8m) can anyone chat suggest books or articles that I should read or who to speak to in this community that could get me closer to the solution?
    Best regards
    Sigamana

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 14, 2014 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Hi sigmana. you will need to start a new thread in the proper forum to ask these questions, this is just a place to say *hello*.

4. Oct 14, 2014 #3

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

I see you found the right place for your question... good!

5. Oct 14, 2014 #4

DataGG

Gold Member

Sigamana seems to be an interesting name.. Certaintly a good name to sign research papers.. Your parents named you for success! Welcome to PF mate.

6. Oct 14, 2014 #5
    Welcome Sigamana!

7. Oct 16, 2014 #6
    Thank you … truly appreciated the warm welcoming in to this community

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook