History of Advertising: Get 2-3 Sources for Last Forever

  • Topic: History 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Blahness
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    History
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Blahness
Messages
113
Reaction score
0
I apparently am lame at googling things, so I'm wondering:

Where can I get 2 or 3 good sources of information about the history of Advertising, over the period of the last Forever or so.

Thank you in advance! ^-^
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Advertising started off very low-key :

jkon259l.jpg
 
I would start by finding some good, fairly large general history sites and searching them. (If you prefer to use google, just include in your query the history site that you want to search using "site:www.site.com". For example: "site:www.historychannel.com[/url] advertising") This turned up [PLAIN]http://www.historychannel.com/thcsearch/thc_resourcedetail.do?encyc_id=200292 .

You might also want to expand your searches to marketing and even the history of business. Doing this turned up, e.g., http://www.hbs.edu/businesshistory/index.html. Check out especially http://www.hbs.edu/businesshistory/related.html. Also, searching http://search.hbs.edu:8765/ for "advertising" returned what, at a glance, looked like lots of goodies.

You might want to start at http://www.besthistorysites.net/
 
Last edited by a moderator: