Hot Summer Day in Olympia Lisab - Feel the Burn

  • Thread starter Thread starter DiracPool
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Hot Outside
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
21 replies · 3K views
DiracPool
Messages
1,254
Reaction score
514
Damn, I'm burnin' up here. Aren't you dyin' down there in Olympia Lisab?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Yep. Holy cow, I might burn up my car's AC before July 1! I wilt once the temp goes over about 68F. I am a true weather wimp.
 
lisab said:
Yep. Holy cow, I might burn up my car's AC before July 1! I wilt once the temp goes over about 68F. I am a true weather wimp.
How hot is it, it's been cold here, temps at night in the 40's.
 
Evo said:
How hot is it, it's been cold here, temps at night in the 40's.

In the 80s. Nights have been in the 50s - I would love 40s at night!

I've never been good in warm weather, I melt.
 
lisab said:
In the 80s. Nights have been in the 50s - I would love 40s at night!

I've never been good in warm weather, I melt.
I actually break out in welts and get sick, no heat for me.
 
AnTiFreeze3 said:
I despise warm weather. It makes me feel lazy.

Huh. I must be as hot as the surface of the sun all year round then.
 
90 degrees in Seattle right now at 7pm. It's going to be that way the rest of the week. No...energy...need...water...

I had to take the side panel off my desktop and stick a box fan up to it cause the processor was hitting 70C+ and my Susskind videos started doing the outer limits shuffle.
 
I truly hate the warm I think. I only crave it for a few weeks and then my body completely detests it. It's been 90-100 here in MD. Terrible. 75-90 at night. There's no rest and NO AC. Ugh.
 
Same here, my air conditioner broke and this new one does NOTHING IT'S TOO HOT
 
We're on something like day 5 of 95-100 degree weather in Silicon Valley, with no relief in sight until after July 4. I want my money back.
 
Definitely applying to northern schools when the time comes. I miss the snow =/
 
108 degrees fahrennheit in Austin, Texas on Saturday. Talk about hot asphalt.

My son politely asked me, in the way that 3 year olds do, to come inside from the heat. I'm completely grateful he did, I was burning up.

Good thing we had the essentials:
-Dr. Seuss
-Lego
-Molecular Modeling kit
-Tonka Trucks
-Thomas the Train
(No television or movies)

Great toys for hot days.

I'm even able to work on organic chemistry and calculus while he reads and plays. Life is good and getting better.
 
11:00 PM and it's still 80 degrees outside...And about 100 inside