How Can a 15-Year-Old Pursue Advanced Maths and Physics Outside of School?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ryanzmw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    advanced Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Ryanzmw
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Hey, I'm 15 and am currently in year 10 and undertaking AQA GCSE Maths, Further Maths and Physics (As well as the others, but these aren't related to my question). Now like many others I'm beginning to find these tedious since I'm trying to learn higher level mathematics and physics online since at this level the subjects really interest me, now I know I haven't done A-level mathematics, but the reason I wouldn't like to do that straight away is in case my School decides to switch and I would end up either doing the same exam again or be forced to explain that I took an extra exam outside of School. Would it be possible for me to take an extra, more difficult, exam outside of school related to maths or physics which is about on par, difficultly-wise, with AP calculus (AB or BC) the reason I haven't done either of these is I don't know how well credited, if at all, they are in the UK, and how I would go about taking one, anyway if anybody has any suggestions or advice they would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure what you are trying to say. I thought AP Calculus was below A-level?
 
Yeah, I'm not really sure exactly what level AP calculus is at.. But I'm just looking to do something around that level which will have a good amount of credit in the UK.