How Can Color Theory Modeling Be Applied to Avian Species Perception?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter curly_ebhc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Color Modeling Theory
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
curly_ebhc
Messages
35
Reaction score
2
I understand the basics of color theory and I need to explain it to some graduate level bio-students. Now I need to incorporate the biological funciotions involved in this process and relate it to avian species. Now I have a brief understand of the human eye abosorbtion curves which peak at 420, 534, and 584 nm respectivley. Now does anybody know a way to model the photorector response from the absorption curves for any particular incoming wavelength of monochromatic light. I was thinking of using a mathematical program to model the curves. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org