How can I find a copy of John McGehee's unpublished Physics text?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cubejunkies
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Physics Text
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
cubejunkies
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
My instructor told me that this unpublished text would aid me greatly in my self-studying for Physics C E&M test, however, since it's unpublished, I have no idea where to find one and my instructor doesn't find one. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Anthony
 
Physics news on Phys.org
cubejunkies said:
My instructor told me that this unpublished text would aid me greatly in my self-studying for Physics C E&M test, however, since it's unpublished, I have no idea where to find one and my instructor doesn't find one. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Anthony

A little googling turned up this:http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/public/repository/Physics_C_EM_Syllabus_4.pdf

And also this with some info about the teacher: http://search.collegeboard.com/servlet/counter?n=0&col=&qt=mcgehee&url=http%3A%2F%2Fapcentral.collegeboard.com%2Fapc%2Fpublic%2Frepository%2Fap06_Consultant_Policy_final.pdf

John McGehee, teacher of AP Physics at Palos Verdes Peninsula High School; Rolling Hills Estates, California

That gets you a little closer. You might be able to find an e-mail address or other contact info for him, based on that info.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've found that syllabus already, and I checked the school website, and I'm fairly certain the McGehee is retired, as my instructor told me that he wrote the workbook when she was still in college, and she is, with all due respect, somewhat older, so I don't think he has an email lying around the internet anywhere.

Thanks
Anthony
 
cubejunkies said:
I've found that syllabus already, and I checked the school website, and I'm fairly certain the McGehee is retired, as my instructor told me that he wrote the workbook when she was still in college, and she is, with all due respect, somewhat older, so I don't think he has an email lying around the internet anywhere.

Thanks
Anthony

It might be a long shot, but you could try calling the school to ask if they know where he is now, or if they have any way to get in contact with him. Just a thought.