1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How can I get a summer-job as a self taught programmer?

1. Apr 25, 2015 #1
    I have been over the past three months learning to create a website from scratch while pursuing my Engineering degree. The website is looking pretty good and ranks top on google, has ip/geolocation-tracking and live chats made from scratch.

I am not taking it as a course in uni, it's just something I learned by myself. I've gotten to know CSS, HTML, php/mysql databases, javascript and all that roughly

It would be nice to be able to use this skill to help ordinary people who can't afford a programmer or have the time to make their own website, but can afford a student who can build their basic website and make it look how they want it to look.

Does anybody have experience getting hired with "street-programming" knowledge but not an actual degree?(still in school)

Looking for some info on self-employed programming,

-Gabriel.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 25, 2015 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

There are websites where programming tasks are offered. Did you have a look at them?

4. Apr 25, 2015 #3
    Nope? never heard of that before, do they pay reasonably?

5. Apr 25, 2015 #4

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

It is possible to live from it, but I don't know how well. You can find them with google, I don't know them so I cannot suggest a specific one.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook