How can I improve my physics problem-solving skills?

• Thread starter Iftekhar Uddin
  • Start date
In summary, improving physics problem-solving skills can be achieved through practice, breaking down problems into smaller components, using visual aids, seeking help from peers or instructors, and understanding the underlying concepts and principles. It is also important to approach problems with a clear and organized mindset, and to continually challenge oneself with new and more difficult problems. Regular practice and a strong foundation of fundamental knowledge are key to becoming a proficient problem-solver in physics.
Iftekhar Uddin
I enjoy physics but deciding what calculations to do in certain situations is my limiting factor. It doesn't help that many problems can be done in different ways depending on what information is provided.

I'm trying to transfer to my state's school for computer science and really need an A in my physics II course (studying electrical fields right now) and I saw a thread of a student getting their question answered in a helpful guiding way so I decided to make an account!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

You should get good help here. If you have specific questions on homework assignments, post in the Homework Help area of the PF. If you want advice on choosing schools or classes, post in the Academic Guidance forum. Enjoy!

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

You should get good help here. If you have specific questions on homework assignments, post in the Homework Help area of the PF. If you want advice on choosing schools or classes, post in the Academic Guidance forum. Enjoy!
thanks!