1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How can i learn high level maths alone?

1. Aug 9, 2014 #1
    I want to learn higher level maths because i am in highschool and the maths i know are not enough for my purpose. I want to solve quantum mechanics exercises so is that possible? How?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 9, 2014 #2
    Before tackling QM, you will need a good grasp of physics : Classical Mechanics, Electromagnetism and Waves/Oscillations should be a good background. You will also need to learn a lot of calculus (single and multivariable) and differential equations. You also need to be familiar with complex numbers and linear algebra.

4. Aug 10, 2014 #3
    You'd have to find good books on linear algebra, calculus, and differential equations. There are a lot of bad books on these subjects, but I don't really know which ones to recommend at that level.

You can always try mit's open courseware.

http://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook