How Can I Pursue Further Studies in Physics Beyond My Current Curriculum

  • Topic: Courses 
  • Thread starter Thread starter humsafar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Courses Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
humsafar
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
HI there...

I am currently doing my bachelors in computer sciences, for the first two semesters i was taught physics but it was more like that from previous levels just a bit advanced...

I want to study further and do independent research but where to start from?

I have heard about courses on standard model of physics (because matter, antimatter, atoms, quarks, QCD and related maths of these subjects interest me), so what should i do now to carry on?

Please Pleeeeez help me...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Then go for physics. Its like a year's delay from taking com sci to a lifetime of fulfillment. That is if you really want physics. Having significant results by doing independent research without even finishing undergrad in physics is unlikely.
 
Try to get involved in a professor's research. Contact them and see if they need a hand. LOL @ trying to do independent research with only two semesters of physics lectures. Give your head a shake.
 
humsafar said:
I want to study further and do independent research but where to start from?

Starting from a BS. in Physics is a good choice, in my opinion. Because it gives you the very basics of what you really need to know for research.