How Can New Members Effectively Engage in Physics Forums?

• Thread starter Supernova00
  • Start date
In summary, maximizing your experience on Physics Forums as a new member involves active participation in discussions, following forum rules and guidelines, utilizing search functions, and seeking help and guidance from experienced members. It is important to contribute valuable insights and ask thoughtful questions, as well as take advantage of the vast resources and knowledge available on the platform. By engaging in respectful and meaningful interactions, new members can fully immerse themselves in the community and benefit from the collaborative learning environment that Physics Forums offers.
Supernova00
Hi everybody.

I'm an aspiring aerospace engineer that enjoys physics. My education in physics only extends as far as the A level (UK system) physics syllabus. I set up this account as I have recently (10 minutes ago actually) observed a phenomenon which is really bugging me. I hope that somebody will be able to explain it.

Apparently you can't ask questions on your first post so I'll have to describe what I saw in my second post.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. We are glad to have you.

Supernova00 said:
Apparently you can't ask questions on your first post so I'll have to describe what I saw in my second post.

Not quite true. Questions belong in a different forum, not "New Member Introductions".

If you would like some help getting started at PF, feel free to send me a message. Just click on my name and start a conversation. I'll be glad to help. I'm thinking of help finding your way around or advice on how to follow the rules when posting.

On PF, we discuss main stream science, math, and engineering.

anorlunda said:
Welcome to PF. We are glad to have you.
Not quite true. Questions belong in a different forum, not "New Member Introductions".

If you would like some help getting started at PF, feel free to send me a message. Just click on my name and start a conversation. I'll be glad to help. I'm thinking of help finding your way around or advice on how to follow the rules when posting.

On PF, we discuss main stream science, math, and engineering.
Thank you for clearing that up. I'll certainly message you if I get stuck! Very kind of you.