How could a curved lens show you the future in Paycheck?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hybrid_rainbow
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Movie
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 4K views
hybrid_rainbow
Question about the movie "Paycheck"

I was watching this movie last night "paycheck" and got to a point in the movie which made me kinda confused.

They said something about building a new type of lens that could basicaly curved around the earth. For example- your on top of Mt. Everest and when you look through the lens, you would see yourself in the future.

I can't figure out how you could see yourself in the future. Can someone help me out?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, haven't seen this movie (would probably give me deja vu)

Anyway, I do not see myself in the future although I definitely see myself a thing of the past. :smile:
 
Oh you must be talking about Charandaskar's Lens Obscura. This is the lens that doesn't exist and I just made up the name. Although Charandaskar is someone's name, namely Charandaskar. Hope this helps.
 
You're not supposed to think too hard about it. The movie is much better if you turn your brain off first.
 
I figured i was thinking to hard about it. The first thing that caught my eye in the movie was that Ben Affleck was a scientist. Uma more then made up for this crappy movie :!)