How could someone legally marry 10 people in one day?

  • Thread starter Thread starter L'armor Lamour
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Reality
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
19 replies · 4K views
L'armor Lamour
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
John married 10 people in one day. How could this be legal ? :confused: :
 
Physics news on Phys.org
And here comes my second question, it is about me:

I have mouth but I don't speak,
I have a bed, but I never sleep at all
Who am I ? Who am I ?
 
L'armor Lamour said:
John married 10 people in one day. How could this be legal ? :confused: :

If John doesn't live in Utah, he could be a priest.
 
Gokul43201 said:
If John doesn't live in Utah, he could be a priest.
Good Gokul!, :Bigteeth:
How about the second ?
 
I don't think a priest would schedule 10 weddings on the same day. He's a minister in the Unification Church (Moonies, just in case I didn't get the official name right).

The second is a river.
 
BobG said:
I don't think a priest would schedule 10 weddings on the same day. He's a minister in the Unification Church (Moonies, just in case I didn't get the official name right).

The second is a river.
In a movie, it can happen...:bigsmile:
 
Last edited:
BobG said:
I don't think a priest would schedule 10 weddings on the same day. He's a minister in the Unification Church (Moonies, just in case I didn't get the official name right).

Didn't know the Moonies were into the wedding thing too.

Alternate answer : One of those Elvis impersonator dudes in Vegas that says three words in Italian, takes a picture and hands you a marriage license printed on the back of a stripclub's flyer.
 
If he married 10 people in the day, then it would actually only be 5 weddings. Not quite as many now.
 
t!m said:
If he married 10 people in the day, then it would actually only be 5 weddings. Not quite as many now.
Not necessarily;
If he's a priest in Utah, it might only be a single wedding
 
L'armor Lamour said:
And here comes my second question, it is about me:

I have mouth but I don't speak,
I have a bed, but I never sleep at all
Who am I ? Who am I ?

A river? A lake?
 
Another alternative to original question,
he may have married 10 different women in 10 different countries ...
(i don't think this is illegal *crosses fingers*)

-- AI
 
It depends on which countries he might have married in.
For example, a marriage certificate from Denmark is binding also in Norway; in fact, I don't know any countries whose marriage certificates wouldn't be regarded as valid also in Norway.
Hence, we have reached the astonishing conclusion, that if TenaliRaman is right, the man cannot have been married with a Norwegian woman!
 
L'armor Lamour said:
And here comes my second question, it is about me:

I have mouth but I don't speak,
I have a bed, but I never sleep at all
Who am I ? Who am I ?

A dumb insomniac ?
 
arildno said:
if TenaliRaman is right, the man cannot have been married with a Norwegian woman!
Indeed! :biggrin:
Unless she is a NRNW (Non Resident Norwegian Woman?)

-- AI
 
Perhaps she was from Minnesota? :confused:
 
arildno said:
Perhaps she was from Minnesota? :confused:

analysing statement......
..........
..........
...gives up.

-- AI
 
a bit late, but here's one: [its easy]

i have no voice, but i can roar
i do not have lungs, but i need air
i am not alive, but water kills me

what am i?