How Did a Community College Shape a Retired Civil Servant's Life?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Old Geezer
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 858 views
Old Geezer
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Hello,

First of all, I'm probably the only person here who has never been to college. Okay, I did get an Associate's Degree from a community college fifty years ago (I was trained as an optician). They called (still do) the place a community college, but I always thought of it as a trade school. Anyway, it served me well for twenty years and you might say it probably saved my life (kept me out of the fighting in Vietnam while I was in the service back then.

Right now, I'm a retired civil servant who does volunteer work at the VA hospital in Buffalo.

I'm here because this is probably the only place that can answer a problem that has been bothering me do years.

I'll get to that in the proper place.


Paul Neupert
Tonawanda, NY
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Old Geezer said:
Hello,

First of all, I'm probably the only person here who has never been to college. Okay, I did get an Associate's Degree from a community college fifty years ago (I was trained as an optician). They called (still do) the place a community college, but I always thought of it as a trade school. Anyway, it served me well for twenty years and you might say it probably saved my life (kept me out of the fighting in Vietnam while I was in the service back then.

Right now, I'm a retired civil servant who does volunteer work at the VA hospital in Buffalo.

I'm here because this is probably the only place that can answer a problem that has been bothering me do years.

I'll get to that in the proper place.Paul Neupert
Tonawanda, NY
From one old geezer to another, :woot: welcome :smile:
Read the rules and behave yourself and you'll be fine. :biggrin: