How Did Eric Carmen Impact Music Before His Death in 2024?

  • Thread starter Thread starter pinball1970
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Music
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
7 replies · 2K views
pinball1970
Gold Member
2025 Award
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
6,213
1710420393758.png


https://www.theguardian.com/music/2024/mar/13/eric-carmen-obituary
 
  • Sad
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude and Charles Link
Physics news on Phys.org
jedishrfu said:
Its like the song: Where have all the Flowers gone? Long time passing...
I heard that for the first time in years, on the radio just a couple of days ago. Reminds me of growing up in the 1960s.
 
gmax137 said:
I heard that for the first time in years, on the radio just a couple of days ago. Reminds me of growing up in the 1960s.
It's a beautiful song. He took those chords from a Rachmaninoff concerto.
That middle section.
 
pinball1970 said:
It's a beautiful song. He took those chords from a Rachmaninoff concerto.
That middle section.
I think you spend too much time looking at the obituary pages!
 
PeroK said:
I think you spend too much time looking at the obituary pages!
Yeah there seem to be a lot in one go!

This is why I held back on….
RIP Carl Weathers 1948-2024
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68188746

I do not check the Obits most are pop ups on BBC website.

I will back off a little!