Orion and Comet Lovejoy images from Arizona, February 2015

  • Thread starter Thread starter spark802
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Comet orion
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
spark802
Messages
47
Reaction score
12
Captured these two images from my trip to Arizona Feb 2015. I shot Orion in wide=field as a piggyback on my scope set up...Canon 550d,f/5.0,436 secs,ISO3200, kit lens at 36mm.

For Lovejoy I shot through my 6 inch newt at ISO 800,for 300 secs guided.

IMG_9479 - Copy (2).jpg
LOVEJOY.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn and Greg Bernhardt
Astronomy news on Phys.org
nice pix :)

you are just starting to see Barnard's Loop in the Orion pic
with a little processing you could probably really make it stand out :smile:

great Lovejoy pic too

cheers
Dave
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: spark802
davenn said:
nice pix :)

you are just starting to see Barnard's Loop in the Orion pic
with a little processing you could probably really make it stand out :smile:

great Lovejoy pic too

cheers
Dave

thanks Dave
 
the thing about my processing skills so far is I have a tendency of stretching it out too far and then do not know how to fix the background...I will keep trying though.thanks for the compliment :smile:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn