How do branching ratios affect neutrino fluxes at Earth?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter ted1986
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Earth Neutrino
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
ted1986
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Hello!
I've got this question (attached as jpg) about the neutrino fluxes at earth. I don't know how to use the branching ratios in order to solve it. (Do I really need these ratios?)

Thanks.
Ted.
 
Attachments
  • neutrino_fluxes.jpg
    neutrino_fluxes.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 527
Astronomy news on Phys.org
ted1986 said:
Hello!
I've got this question (attached as jpg) about the neutrino fluxes at earth. I don't know how to use the branching ratios in order to solve it. (Do I really need these ratios?)

Thanks.
Ted.

Simple answer is yes you do. Question involves thinking about what the ratios mean and say about the total number of neutrinos produced.
 
qraal said:
Simple answer is yes you do. Question involves thinking about what the ratios mean and say about the total number of neutrinos produced.

Plus the wording of the question indicates you are to work out the flux from each branch. Doesn't get more straightforward than that.