How Do Moving Electrons Create Concentric Magnetic Fields in Conductors?

• Thread starter MrPidooma
  • Start date
In summary, when electrons move through a conductor, they create a magnetic field that is perpendicular to the direction of their motion. This magnetic field is made up of concentric circles, with the strongest field found closest to the conductor. The strength of the magnetic field is determined by the speed and number of electrons moving through the conductor. This phenomenon is known as the right-hand rule and is the basis for many practical applications, such as electric motors and generators.
MrPidooma
How did you find PF?
Google
Trying to understand something fundamental about how magnetic fields are generated by moving electrons in a conductor. I have read many forums, studied Emag and am left with more questions. Looking for some practical insight not Bio-Savart derivations, etc. These still do not explain why the magnetic field around the conductor is concentric and how that is manifested by atoms, 'electron spin' and their magnetic properties. Any insight welcome.
Question below and physically how their orientation makes up the B field as we currently understand it?

https://www.physicsforums.com/attachments/316009

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Mr.P! :smile:

Please start a new thread in the Classical Physics forum with this question. Please post links to the reading you have been doing about the question so we can see what research you have done, and at what level you are wanting an explanation.

When you start that thread, you will have the choice of setting the thread prefix to specify the level that you would like the responses. Most likely I would guess that you should specify "I" = Intermediate (undergraduate university level discussion), but you can choose "B" = Basic (high school level) or "A" = Advanced (graduate school level) if you prefer. :smile: