How Do You Compare and Derive Terms in Sequences S and T?

• Thread starter Zoheb Imran
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sequence
In summary, the "n"th term of sequence S is n^3 + 2, and the first four terms are 3, 10, 29, and 66. To find the fifth term, we would plug in 5 for n and get 127. For sequence T, the first four terms are 4, 12, 32, and 70. By comparing S and T, we can see that the difference between each term of S and T is 1. Therefore, the fifth term of T would be 127 + 1, which is 128. And the general expression for the nth term of T is n^3 + 2 + 1, which simplifies to n
Zoheb Imran
Number Sequence Problem...

The Question is:

The "n"th term of a sequence, S, is n^3 +2
The first four terms are 3, 10, 29 and 66.

i, Find The fifth term of S.

ii, The first four terms of another sequence, T, are 4,12, 32 and 70
By Comparing S and T, write down

a, The Fifth term of T.
b, an expression, in terms of n, for nth term of T.

Please help... me in this... i tried to figure out ii, part but i failed... couldn't able to find the fifth term and an expression... Help me cos my Math paper is on 15th may! also, provide an explanation for your answer.! thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Zoheb Imran said:
The Question is:

a, The Fifth term of T.

Please help... me in this... i tried to figure out ii, part but i failed... couldn't able to find the fifth term and an expression... Help me cos my Math paper is on 15th may! also, provide an explanation for your answer.! thanks!
It looks like this is a homework problem, if so you are posting in the wrong forum. Hint what is the sequence [tex]A_n = S_n - T_n[/tex] for n = 1,2,3,4 ? , also what is 4^3+2 equal to?

Zoheb Imran said:
The Question is:

a, The Fifth term of T.

The problem said "By comparing S and T.

The first terms of S and T are 3 and 4
The second terms are 10 and 12
The third terms are 29 and 32
The fourth terms are 66 and 70

Do you see the difference?

What do you need to add to each term of S to get T?

What is a number sequence problem?

A number sequence problem is a type of mathematical puzzle that involves a series of numbers that follow a particular pattern or rule. The goal is to determine the pattern and use it to fill in the missing numbers in the sequence.

What are some common types of number sequence problems?

Some common types of number sequence problems include arithmetic sequences, geometric sequences, and Fibonacci sequences. Other variations may involve the use of fractions, decimals, or negative numbers.

What strategies can be used to solve number sequence problems?

There are several strategies that can be used to solve number sequence problems, including looking for patterns, using algebraic equations, and working backwards from the given sequence. It is also helpful to use logic and deductive reasoning.

Why are number sequence problems important?

Number sequence problems help develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills. They also have practical applications in fields such as computer science, cryptography, and engineering.

How can I improve my skills in solving number sequence problems?

One way to improve your skills in solving number sequence problems is to practice regularly. You can also study different types of number sequences and the strategies used to solve them. Additionally, working with others and discussing different approaches can also help improve your skills.