How Does Hubble's Constant Relate to Universe Inflation and Horizon Changes?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter hobobobo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
hobobobo
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Ok I'm kinda confused of what is the relationship between hubble's constant, hubble's horizon length and how all those calculation works. I'm reading a textbook called quarks, leptons and the big bang but they don't explain it clearly, maybe I'm just slow but could anyone explain to me thnx!
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
hobobobo said:
Ok I'm kinda confused of what is the relationship between hubble's constant, hubble's horizon length and how all those calculation works. I'm reading a textbook called quarks, leptons and the big bang but they don't explain it clearly, maybe I'm just slow but could anyone explain to me thnx!

Hubble constant is 70 km/s / Mpc.

Take the speed of light divided by 70 km/s and multiply by 1 Mpc.
 
hmmm ok maybe I wasn't clear of what I was trying to ask. I want to know how it relates to the inflation of the universe and the how the horizon is being affected during this major expansion. I don't want any calculation I just want to know the concept, but thanks for the Hubble constant calculation!