Macroscopic entanglement: 1x10^12 atoms over 0.5m for an hour

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Dang, you beat me to it (starting a thread on this). All I have to say is, "WOW".

So I wonder if the defenders (Like Penrose) of quantum computing in the brain will have something to say about this. Till now the counterargument has been that the brain is too hot: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mind
 
Last edited:
Have you maybe got the free copy of the article as it was published in PRL?
I found only draft (http://arxiv.org/abs/1006.4344) - published on arXiv a year ago, but as you read it - there is nothing to get excited by, really.
Its interpretation as "macroscopic entanglement" is pretty exaggerated.
 
I hate to beat a dead horse or hijack this thread, but does this move us any closer to teleportation (quantum or otherwise) of macroscopic objects?