Yeah, the definitions associated with these things aren't really straightforward, and in some respects even a bit incomplete. In general "the school" I belong to has a tendency to classify strength and ductility issues to three "sets" :
1) the stress-strain curve related measures, such as yield and tensile strength (fracture strength, fracture stress), fracture strain etc.
2) ductility understood as energy, like in the impact test such as the Charpy. The relationship of 2) and 1) is basically such that measures like 2) equal to 1) integrated over time, deformation etc. -> ductility is affected both by how "strong" the material is and how much it can deform without breaking
3) toughness, which I'd reserve for fracture mechanical parameters, and as such the fracture toughness, which are measures of material toughness when a defect initiates and progresses in a material (what happens in 2) and also in 1)). And 3) is then naturally related to both 1) and 2).
I separate 2) from 3) 'cos 2) is more like an engineering measure ... you can't really tell that much quantitatively about material behavior e.g. in a structure simply on the basis of energy measured in a Charpy test (if I was to change a specific of the test the result would change, so it's an indirect observation of material behavior, a bit qualitative measure), whilst using 3) this can be achieved quantitatively.
Hope this helps and does not confuse further ...
