How Has Early Spanish Influenced Modern Scientific Terminology?

  • Thread starter Thread starter crraaig
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 704 views
crraaig
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
My name is Craig. I do not work in the field of Mathematics or Science. I have a Ph.D. in Romance Philology. My disertation was a lexicon of Early Spanish (late 15th Century) to Modern Spanish. The entries to my lexicon were drawn from a concordance of the Fifteenth Century Translation into Early Spanish by Vicente de Burgos of De Proprietatibus Rerum (on the Properties of Things), a Latin Encyclopedia compiled by Bartholomeus Anglicus in the Thirteenth Century. The only thing of possible interest about my work in this forum is that I documented the first use of many scientific terms in the Spanish Language. This is merely my introduction. I will try post my question in the appropriate thread, but I am clueless as two what I propose is, and if it has a name or or not, and to which category of Math it belongs. I have been unable to find where anyone has described, demonstrated, or proposed it previously.
I will post in the General Math forum for lack of specificity.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi crraaig.
smiley_sign_welcome.gif


General Maths sounds like a good place to start. Good luck!