How many did you get right in this test?

• Thread starter atom jana
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Test
In summary, the conversation is about online IQ tests and how they are considered meaningless. The person speaking mentions that they did not label it as an IQ test in the title and that they will only take the test if the person can define when one answer is more logical than another. They also mention that they usually just fill in "0" for all the answers and that they have received varying results on different tests. The conversation ends with the person stating that their IQ is too low to solve the test.
Physics news on Phys.org
You know that online IQ tests are meaningless, right?

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
Evo said:
You know that online IQ tests are meaningless, right?
That is why I did not call it an IQ test in the title.:smile:

I'll do this test when you manage to define when an answer is more logical than another answer. As long as you can't do that, I just fill in "0" everywhere, which is an answer for which fits some pattern in every of the 20 problems. But that apparently gets me an IQ below 120 (which is probably about right).

Likes Sophia, fresh_42, ProfuselyQuarky and 1 other person
I've taken some of these IQ tests before because friends were just poking fun . . . once I got less than 110 but then another time (on a different test), I got 165 :oldlaugh:

Last edited:
Likes gjonesy and Sophia

:))It seems that my IQ is too low to work this out...

Likes ProfuselyQuarky

1. How many questions were on the test?

The number of questions on the test may vary depending on the specific test, but typically there are around 20-30 questions.

2. What is considered a passing score on the test?

The passing score for a test can also vary, but it is usually around 70% or higher. This means getting a certain number of questions correct out of the total number of questions on the test.

3. Is there a penalty for guessing on the test?

Some tests may have a penalty for incorrect answers, while others do not. It is important to read the instructions for the test carefully to determine if there is a penalty for guessing.

4. How do you calculate the score for the test?

The score for a test is usually calculated by dividing the number of questions answered correctly by the total number of questions on the test. This is then multiplied by 100 to get a percentage score.

5. Can I retake the test if I do not get a passing score?

This depends on the specific test and its policies. Some tests may allow for retakes, while others do not. It is best to check with the test administrator or read the instructions for the test to determine if retakes are allowed.