How Many Permutations for Pressing 4 Out of 8 Switches?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter novolts
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Permutation Switch
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
novolts
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Good evening to all
I wonder if anyone can help please I have 8 switches b1,b2,b3,b4,b5,b6,b7,b8 I am trying to work out how many permutations I would have if I pressed any 4 of the 8 switches ie if I pressed b1,b3,b,7,b8 to make a circuit or it could be b3,b5,b6,b7 doing it by long hand I reckon it is 40 combination.
I fully understand if no one wishes to answer the question but I am completely useless at maths
Thank you to all
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thankyou Robert will have to get paper and pencil out again